Thursday, December 15, 2011

When the FAFSA or pell grant thing send you money with the debit card can you buy anything with it?

They told me they were going to send me a debit card, but I already have my books. Can I use this money to buy lets say a labtop or possibly :) a guitar?|||Yea, they send me my money and I get whatever I want|||You can buy anything you want. Overage payments are yours to spend as you see fit. That being said, if your scholarship stipulates that the funds be spent on school related expenses, it is in your best interest to do so. This means that you can buy the laptop, but not the guitar (unless you are taking music classes). In any case, it is in your best interest to save the money until the end of the semester, and treat it as an emergency fund. Then, once you receive your aid for next semester, you can spend leftovers from this semester, without finding yourself sans income at the end of the term.

No comments:

Post a Comment