Monday, December 12, 2011

Whats the minimum i can spend on my debit card?

I have a BMO student Debit card.Im wondering what is the least amount of money i can spend in a store?|||Due to the fees, many stores are now requiring a minimum purchase. I have seen it anywheres from $3.00 to $10.00





Also, don't forget that you will be charged a service fee from your bank every time you use the debit card. You are better off to just use it at an ATM and draw cash and pay for small items with that cash. It is far better to pay one .50 cent fee then a whole bunch.





Hope this helps answer your question.|||Depends on teh store. Some stores, there are no minimums, others have a $5 or $10 minimum.|||pay cash if more people would do this ,it would force the banks to keep their rates low and less people going bankrupt|||You should be able to charge only $0.01 if you want to your card. Now, I don't know if the store would accept this transaction because they are charged a fee (usually $0.30 + 2.8% of the transaction) to even accept the charge.|||It depends on the store, some have minimums while others don't. Even though they are not supposed to have a minimum set. And I don't know where these other people get their information and I suppose that banks are different. But I use my debit card all the time, I never have cash, my bank does not charge me any fees for using it. The money comes out of my account just as if I had used it at an ATM or if I had used cash at the store. If you bank is charging you fees to use your debit card then I would suggest seeing what other accounts are available and possible changing banks. This is not hurting the economy in any way a debit card is not a credit card and doesn't have anything to do with charging purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment