Thursday, December 15, 2011

Someone stole my debit card and used it to fill up their prepaid phone card on T Mobile. Can I trace it back?

They stole my debit card and used it to steal $360 worth of items. I noticed that something called T Mobile Vesta came up on my bank of america transactions. I want to find out if this criminal was someone I knew or what!|||Call your bank and freeze the card. You're normally protected against fraud purchases in cases like these. The bank should be able to trace when or who made the purchases based on transaction details.|||As suggested, cancel the card immediately. If you want to feel double safe you can put it on fraud alert through Trans Union Fraud Dept. Their toll free # 1-800-680-7289. They will notify the other 2 bureaus. It has to be renewed every 90 days in order to keep it active. You can also run your free credit reports from annualcreditreport.com or call them toll free @ 1-877-322-8228 for all 3 free reports|||Report the stolen card to your bank. They will investigate and return your funds. Once you have your money back, you probably won't learn anything more.





The bank will probably just backcharge the merchants and the merchants will have to decide whether to pursue the thief.|||Yes, call your bank ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment