Monday, December 12, 2011

What happends if you have 11 cents left on your debit card?

Okay i have $10.11 cents left on my debit card, and i wanna purchase something that costs 10 dollars will i get any penaltys for having 11 cents left on the card? i remember hearing that i should have atleast 10 dollars on the card|||if its a debit car linked to a checking account then i'd check with your bank. my bank if you fall below $100 there's a $35 fee for each transaction and a penalty for being below $100 which can put you into the negatives and oweing your bank money. Check With Your Bank.|||It depends on the type of account you are holding with your bank.





To avoid service charges, many banks place a threshold dollar amount, if you're above this threshold you won't be charged a service fee. However, when you fall under that threshold by the end of the month, you will charged the monthly fee.





Some banks don't have this, and some do. If you haven't noticed that you're being charged for keeping your balance at $10.11, then you're most likely not being charged as these thresholds are usually around $500-$1000.





Go on to their website and check to see what type of account you have and see all the fees that goes with it.|||most stores won't let you swipe it and use the 11 cents, and then pay the rest in cash. I think target lets you do that but not a lot of other places. I've lost balances like that on tons of cards because I couldn't find something under 50 cents that I needed to buy!|||You shouldn't, but I think it depends on your bank. Some banks make it so you have to have a minimal amount in your account at all times. But on one of my accounts I had like 68 cents in my account for over 6 months before I closed it and I never got penalized.|||no because you will get charged a service fee. which is at least $4. if your bank goes on the minus side it is not good for your credit history|||Not at all...Only if you don't use it for 30 days they will give you a warning..if you are using it regularly than no...But make sure you deposit some money soon :P

No comments:

Post a Comment