Monday, December 12, 2011

When using a debit card to order something online, do I type in the long number?

Like I never used a debit card online or anywhere else. I just got one and I don't know how to use it to order something online. Can I use a debit card or does it have to be a visa card or credit card? I'm afraid I will type in the wrong number and they will think I used a fraudulent number. I need serious answers, no stupid answers saying I'm stupid because I don't know what I'm doing.|||A debit card can be used online, but the chances of a retailer accepting debit cards online are less than accepting credit cards.





Anyway, yes, you use the entire 16 digit number. Just be careful when you type in the number so that it is correct. Sites also tend to ask for the expiration date.





Um, and to get you prepared for when you are thinking of applying for a credit card, Visa is a type of credit card.





Online retailers don't automatically believe that a number is fraudulent because it was entered incorrectly. People make a mistake by keying in numbers all the time. So, if a site accepts debit cards, just follow the instructions and how the site is set up, and you'll be fine.|||yeah i think you do

No comments:

Post a Comment