Thursday, December 15, 2011

Has anyone who used the Greendot debit card for direct deposit received their refund yet?

I am a bit nervous as I have never chosen to have my tax refund deposited to my debit card before. I have had this card for more than two years. It is a regular Greendot not the Turbo Tax Debit Card.|||sunshine is SOOOOOO wrong..I know plenty of people that called their banks late yesterday afternoon and got told its "pending"..and I used a netspend card...prepaid like green dot last year and got my refund on that friday......basically what happens is....the IRS started sending the deposits out late yesterday and will contine to do so today. then its up to YOUR bank to make the funds available...some banks do it instantly..which is why you may hear of some getting their refunds today...others do it every couple of hours..but MOSt banks will have it issued by tomorrow, the 29th...a small few will take a few days...but I bet anything you'll have it tomorrow...not tuesday!!!!!|||I have never used this card but I want to add one thing to Amy's comment. All of the refunds scheduled for Friday were sent out around the time that the WMR site updated. Think about it the returns went out and the site updated. They have a release date of tomorrow but some banks do not hold the funds. The reason the pending status showed up at different times yesterday is because the bank processed them at that time not because they were received then. Good luck getting your money on time or early :)|||My girlfriend used the Turbo Tax card to get her deposit, go figure, it's a Greendot card as well!! She did her taxes on January 8th, I waited until the 18th to use the Tax Freedom free from TT. I used a All-Access Visa Prepaid Debit Card to have mine deposited to. I got mine January 26 (yesterday), she still has not gotten hers. So it's not just Friday's that everyone says. If your card is in good standing, you should have no problems. Check Friday after 8AM EST.|||I use my Greendot every year and when its deposited its avalible.|||I love the way sunshine gives that same answer all the time but she is soooooo wrong mine was deposited into my bank account(it showed up about 5am Mountain) this morning I don't use greendot our bank is USAA.....good luck all!!!!!|||The IRS only dd on Fridays at Midnight. The banks getting the dd will not process till Monday


Your funds will be available Tues am

No comments:

Post a Comment