Monday, December 12, 2011

Can I use a debit card to take money out of my savings?

I know that you can use a debit card to take money out of your checking account. However, can a debit card also be used to take money out of your savings?|||Yes, I can choose which account to withdrawl money from when I go to an ATM. In fact I have three different accounts in which I can take money from. But I guess perhaps it depends on the bank. But I'm sure if you go to the bank and ask them to make your savings account accessible, they can do that. But if you're talking about going to the store and choosing which account to take it from there, then no, that is only available at an ATM.|||Typically no. When you use your debit card there is no prompt for which account you'd like to withdraw the funds from...if you want to use savings money, you'd first need to xfer it into your checking acct, then debit it out as needed from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment