Thursday, December 15, 2011

Can I use my Canadian Debit Card in Iceland?

I'm planning a trip to Iceland and have heard the country is going through some economic struggles (to put it lightly). Will my TD Canada Trust debit card work at atms in Iceland or should I bring exchanged currency with me?





I called and asked my bank and they had "no information regarding the economic status or operating status of ATMs in Iceland."





Thanks!|||I would be 99% confident it would work. Unless the country literally melts down completely, which is highly unlikely, the infrastructure will continue to function. If you card is part of a larger network, which almost all of them are nowadays, you should be fine (and it's better than bringing currency with you, in terms of the exchange rate).





P.S. My ATM card (from the States) worked in *Russia* when I was there in the late 90's...if that's possible Iceland should be a slam dunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment