Monday, December 12, 2011

Anyone know what these weird responses to posts of sale items on Craigs List and other classifieds?

I have sold many things on CL and other classified sites. I have been getting these weird replies that are a little different but all seem to be the same style/type. From many different email accounts. Broken english. They want to pay with a check, what, do they want my address? what are they going to do with that? I don't get it. I got so many of these when I posted a chihuahua for adoption. I replied to one and got a response. Real person. So why the same style? has to be some sort of scam. It's just making me crazy cause I can't see what they are trying to get from me. Here is the latest one a response to an ad for a parts car. I can't ship a car. It makes no sense.








I appreciate your prompt response towards my enquiries. This is to inform you that am pleased with the pics and willing to pay the asking price for this item. I'll be making payment for this item via check, so you'll need to provide me with details in which the check can be mailout to. Details should include: your full name, visible home or office address where you can easily recieve package via courier service and phone #.





N:B Am responsible for the pickup arrangement, thereby i'll be sending you an excess payment which will cover the shipping cost but all required of you after recieving the payment is to deduct the amount for the item then you send the remaining balance to the mover via westernunion money transfer/moneygramm in cash, then they come for the pickup there after. Let me know if you're satisfied with this arrangement. if you're, i will implore you to take off the ads on craigslist and consider we have a deal on. Regards|||Those emails are called 419 scams.Most of them coming from Nigeria. Read more about them from here,


http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams

No comments:

Post a Comment